The Hercules DJControl Inpulse 300 MK2 is a fully featured, 2-deck high-performance DJ Controller perfect for mastering those DJing techniques. The controller features two 5.5-inch jog wheels, eight performance pads, a mixer, FX rack, Loop, tempo fader, beatmatch guide and access to DJ Academy content.
There are in-built light guides that provide feedback at a glance. For example, the Tempo is the guide that shows where the tempo fader should be positioned, and Beat Align is the guide that shows you which way to turn the jog wheel.
The Inpulse 300 MK2 is crammed with features. There are two decent-sized (5.5 inches) jog wheels (one on each deck), eight strong rubber performance pads, an FX rack, Loop and tempo fader. In the centre is a 2-deck mixer which includes crossfader, master and headphone volume, two mixing columns with 3-band EQ, gain and filter, a browser knob, load buttons and VU meters for the master volume on each deck.
Two DJ software applications come with the Inpulse300MK2 in the form of Serato DJ Lite and DJUCED. These applications make mixing tracks effortless from music streaming services Beatsource, Beatport ADVANCED, SoundCloud Go+ and TIDAL.
Serato DJ Lite
Serato DJ Lite is a great, easy-to-use software perfect for learning. It has all the critical components for learning to mix and scratch and making smooth transitions between sets. It is also worth mentioning that it contains the same driving core technology as the powerful and renowned Serato DJ Pro.
DJUCED is an all-inclusive DJ Software perfect for mixing and performing. It even features DJ Academy tutorials to aid in developing DJing skills. Included in the software is IMA (Intelligent Music Assistant), which provides suggestions on upcoming tracks that suit the mix and Sampler, where two sample decks with eight samples each can be used to liven up the mix. Other sample packs are available from the DJUCED website.
Mixing controls (center section)
- Per deck: 1 filter knob, 3 EQ knobs, 1 gain knob, 1 volume fader, 1 VU meter
- General: 1 crossfader, master volume knob, headphones volume knob, master VU meter
- Other controls per deck:
- Play/Pause, Cue, Shift, Sync, jog wheel with touch detection
- 8 pads × 8 modes (Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer…)
- FX rack with button + 2 knobs (depth and beat)
- Slip, Quantize, AutoLoop, Loop In / Out buttons
- Browsing controls: Rotary encoder + 2 Load buttons + Assistant button
- Tempo guide: light guide alongside each tempo fader
- Beat Align guide: light guide underneath each jog wheel
IMA (INTELLIGENT MUSIC ASSISTANT) WITH DJUCED
- Assistant: suggests upcoming tracks to be played from your music library based on musical key, BPM…
- Energy: lets you set the mood for your party and choose the energy level — from blue (lower energy) to red (higher energy: good for dancing)
- Assistant in Beatport and Beatsource: suggests tracks from these music streaming services
- Serato DJ Lite
- DJUCED version 5
- Body dimensions: 18.9 x 11.3 x 2.0” / 480 x 286 x 52 mm
- Weight: 4.0 lb / 1.8 kg
- Diameter of jog wheels: 5.5” / 140 mm
- Master output (speakers): 2 x RCA
- Headphones output: 1/8” / 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack
- Audio resolution: 44.1 kHz / 24-bit
- Operating system: Windows® 10 / macOS® 10.15 or higher
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Ryzen / Apple M1 or better + 4 GB RAM or more